Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Writing

Writing has always been something that I have done. I think I began my first journal at 13 years old. My childhood friend Kayla gave me this rainbow colored journal to write in.  We had just moved and were not completely excited about it. All my friends were light years away--okay more like just 45 minutes and in the county directly beside the one we moved from--but it was a looonngg road. I wrote and wrote in that journal. The following year I got a blue fluffy one, the year after a rainbow colored one. The year after a brown leather one, then a navy blue, and a black one. Now luckily I can just type online and save all that paper and ink. Stephen and I actually wrote in a journal back and forth for a couple years. We didn't get to see each other or talk to each other as much as we would have liked so we wrote to each other in a journal and gave it back and forth. Writing helps the soul. It is a window into my heart when at the end of the day I can't hold in whatever is going on I can write it all out and know that God at the end of the day can hear my thoughts and read my words. At the end of every day he hears my cry and he wipes my tears that fall. No matter what is going on it helps to know that I can always write out how I feel.

1 comment: